Wednesday, April 13, 2011

10 Pounds of Vintage Swarovski

What does 10 pounds of Swarovski rhinestones look like? Well, if I could take a worthy photo of them, I sure would be happy, but try as I might, my photos can't even come close to doing them justice. Last Saturday I received my Swarovski shipment in the mail. It was a steal at $550 and I was so excited, I was literally jumping up and down and clapping my hands as the Postman fetched my box from the truck. So instead of trying to take photos of the sea of little packages of rhinestones, I've chosen to post photos of some of the new work that has come from them. I am already seeing a significant improvement in the design and color combinations. And the SPARKLE... Oh there is nothing like the sparkle of genuine Swarovski!
Everything I received is already set in brass and there are shapes I've never even seen before! There are some examples of every color Swarovski makes, and there is a good amount of chain, although you can never have enough rhinestone chain, IMHO.
There are still some components I am always looking for that were not included in this package. They are extremely rare and, had I known that, I wouldn't have used the supply I had so generously on my first few pieces. I'll post some photos in the future just in case someone has a pile of them in their stash and would be willing to sell them!

No comments: