Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Portable Photo Studio

www.instructables.com with tutorial... too ugly for me

Etsy.com : affordable until you add the shipping... it's cheaper to make my own

The reason I don't have photos of my latest work is because they don't lend themselves well to photography. They are encrusted with Swarovski rhinestones, fire polished beading, cut glass buttons and you just can't capture that with the old "natural light on an overcast day" trick. Or at least I can't. So today, I am forced to finally take the plunge and build my own portable photo studio setup. I'd seen a tutorial on instructables.com years ago and I've marked many a commercial set on Etsy and Ebay. I've collected the supplies to make them, but I could always get by with natural light and a white background, so that's what I did until now. I will hopefully be posting some awesome photos of my work by tomorrow, along with a photo of my little studio setup.

No comments: