Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Ever-Elusive Rhinestone Circle/Flower/Charm/Finding





As promised, here are the special Swarovski pieces that are so hard to find, that even I can't find them... and I am like a pig seeking truffles with these kinds of things! They don't have an official name, as far as I can tell. And even if they did, no seller knows it so they are really hard to search for! Some correctly call the stones Swarovski, but some just call them rhinestones, crystals, or super-sparkling circles. Some call them findings and some call them charms. Some even call them flowers! A person can go nuts trying to find these things!

I managed to find a really nice lot on eBay this week but they are all the same size. I am looking for the kind that stack to form an gorgeous, sparkling flower that adds so much color and texture that it makes me drool. I am convinced that it is impossible to make an ugly piece of jewelry if you use these things. Atleast that is what I think when I don't have any. I sit and I sew and I think to myself, "This bracelet wouldn't be so damned ugly if just had some of those Swarovski circle things!" Of course, when I am done making the piece, it always looks fine... but would be so much better if I just had a few of those circle thingies! LOL

No comments: