Saturday, July 31, 2010

My creative past: Mixed Media & Paper Arts



My little sister suddenly passed away in June 2005 and that prompted me to make scrapbooks for her children and for myself. As with everything I do, I became obsessed and scrapbooking became my passion for the past 5 years. I've invested in plenty of tools, books, magazines, and spent endless hours scouring the internet to keep on top of the newest trends and products. But as I dug around, I found myself drawn to the wider variations of the world of paper arts and mixed media. I learned about image transfers, painting techniques, altered books, ATCs, collage, texturing, piercing, punching, diecutting, and every other thing you can think of related to paper transformations. This opened doors that I never could have dreamt of, but first I got sidetracked with a little side business of selling embellished vintage buttons, a move I would never have predicted.

No comments: