Friday, July 30, 2010

My creative past: Mosaics

Being creative is my obsession. I've made all sorts of things to sell over the years.
My "job" for a while was creating hand painted mosaic tiles, which lead to learning everything I could about the art of mosaics. I developed a wonderful customer base and completed lots of exciting projects that sold very well on eBay.
Since my educational and professional background was in publishing and graphic design, it was only a matter of time before I looked to create something in print.
I found a creative partner through the Yahoo forums and we attempted to publish a gorgeous, glossy, full color magazine. Ultimately we failed to go to print, but the experience helped me grow by leaps and bounds and helped make me realize that I needed to change direction. After years of mosaic work, I moved on to mixed media and paper arts.

No comments: