Saturday, July 31, 2010

My creative past: Sewing Children's Clothing

After the holiday season passed, I found myself wanting to make something completely different; something easy without all the fussy details. My favorite cousin had a little girl and I desided to make her some gifts. I decided to sew something pretty out of some vintage sheeting I had. Here are the results:

I made a simple dress with a matching headband and had enough fabric left to make a ton of other things including a few more dresses that I gave as gifts for baby showers and some listings I sold on Etsy. With the scraps from all the clothes I made grocery bags. There's a lot of fabric in two fitted sheets!
Back when my children were little, I made all their clothes. I was also a quilter and belonged to a guild and I also made crazy quilted Challah covers that I sold. It was nice to get back in front of a sewing machine and it is funny how, over time, the process of constructing clothes seemed to be easier than when I was younger.

No comments: